Thursday, October 13, 2011

Putting on the "Glitz"

This week I was fortunate enough to work with all three of the gorgeous Glitz Design papers that Two Scrapbook Friends has to offer. My Glitz-y story begins with an email and a photo to one the "friends" Carolyn, who was on her way to CHA this past summer. I begged her tot get a close up look at the Dance in the Sunshine line. There was something about it's lavenders and aquas that made me want to CREATE!!!
Carolyn ordered all three lines and called me when they came in. She had piles of paper and trims and some stickers laid out when I arrived and she said (every scrapbooker's dream) : "Take what you need!"

My favourite of the layouts is using that Dance line that had caught my eye. I had taken a few shots of my Dolly at a park in spring a few years ago and caught her beautiful toddler face.

I fussy cut the birds and the branch is from a Silhouette design. The little leaves are crinkled and inked and those sparkly letters are all American Crafts Thicker goodness! The design, though simple, allowed me to splash watercolours on the background and ink and distress  the edges of the layers. I also used the wonderful Epoxy stickers to create a sun. Here's a closeup:


I used this same line to create a another design focusing on a photo taken the same day. It's title is another nick name we had for her when she was this age and constantly giving anyone who stood still, slobbery kisses.

The design features epoxy stickers made using my Epiphany epoxy maker. It is a wonderful thing!

I used a grey background and sewed larger circles on with matching aqua thread. They have been crinkled and the edges folded up for lots of dimension. The letters are American Crafts (aqua) but the tiny ones are Glitz.  Here's a closeup:

The next line was the Vintage Blue.  It had wonderful navy, which is hard to find in scrappy papers, plus my favourite: yellow! I made the following layout to celebrate a family friend who is a wonderful "Grandma" to my kids. She is a seamstress and still finds time to create wedding dresses for friends and family. We were headed to Walt Disney World to have tea with Princess Aurora on our very first visit to the WORLD. It needed a very special dress and my Dolly knew who to ask! No store bought dress for this special occasion! Dolly and Grandma Sharon hit the fabric stores and bought everything she needed from trim to underskirts; from lace to satin. It was gorgeous. Here's my small attempt at payion homage.


I used a Maya Road dress form chipboard and inked it. I then pleated paper and sewed the top together in an accordion pattern and adhered the skirt with glue. I traced the bodice and added My Mind's Eye bling for buttons. The lace sleeves are Glitz Trim pinched and sewn into circles. Prima roses, Clost to My Heart flower buttons and some Me and My Big Ideas gold letters finishe it off nicely. I am not normally a bling-y gal but this layout called for it by the bucket load!

Here's a close up:


My final layout uses the Beautiful Dreamer line and features an old photo of my dolly in the field of Queen Anne's Lace near our home.

This line is gorgeous in it's romanticism. I heavily distressed and tore the edges of the pink and layered it on the cardstock. That image in the lower left is on the patterned paper and does wonder to anchor the design.  I cut flourishes with my Silhouette and the title "dreamer" is also Silhouette. The smaller roses are Prima but the larger is Recollections. I layered a few matching papers and machine sewed. I finished with a few punched butterflies, a metal frame from Stampin Up! and a "Beautiful" sticker from Glitz. 

Here's a close-up:


I hope you have enjoyed puttin' on the "Glitz" with me! I adored this collection and hope you'll get a chance to see it at Two Scrapbook Friends. Once again, Carolyn, thanks for taking a chance on me and buying the Glitz! I have heard it's a hit!

Keep doing what YOU love to do.
Christa

1 comment:

  1. wonderful details Christa! You really must have been like a kid in a candy store!

    ReplyDelete