In a nutshell, IE is a group of like minded scrappy friends who want to raise the bar in their own creative process through unique challenges that we issue to each other once a month. These won't be run of the mill challenges and we hope you will join us each month and be inspired by the innovative designs we create.
This is not a blog hop, and there are no prizes, but we would love it if you would take a few minutes to see what the rest of the Inspiration Elevator team created.
The first challenge, issued by yours truly, is two-fold: to create a new design that reflects your style, and to use a new product or technique that you find inspiring right now. I wanted to give our IE members a chanceto get know each other a bit better and get comfortable before things get really interesting!
This design actually came together quickly, for me and it does contain all those scrappy items that are quintessentially me.
1. A white background is usually my preference. It acts like a canvas for my photo and all the artistic touches I love to add.
2. I love bright colours and geometric patterns like stripes, polka dots and chevrons. I can often been seen applying these patterns via strips over, under and around my photo in varying ways.
3. I like odd sizes of photos and will often choose a 5x7 or several small 2x3's instead of 4x6.
4. I enjoy different fonts with my title and it is the last thing I usually have in mind before call the layout finished.
5. I am not a huge journall-er. Surprising, I know, that a person with so much to say out loud doesn't have more to say on her designs!
6. I love to machine stitch. I like straight and zigzag primarily and I like it messy, especially in a contrasting thread colour. In this design I used red to compliment the kissy lips and contrast with the green glasses.
The technique I chose that is inspiring me RIGHT NOW, is my watercolour paints.
Since I discovered the bright translucent colours of water colour paint I use them often and many ways.
I hope you will pop by my fellow passengers on the Inspiration Elevator. There is tons of serious talent on this journey and you will be amazed and inspired. Our next challenge will appear on the 15th of June! Stay tuned.
Until next time, keep doing what you love.