Monday, October 17, 2011

I Had A Dream

Really..I dream often. I hear some people don't but my head is always filled with dreams...sometimes even when I am sleeping!  My Hubby says it's an overactive imagination and I don't suppose he's wrong, but the other night I was perusing the Canadian Scrapbooker website and enjoying the Sketchy Challenge sketch.



That night a layout came to me (hokey I know!) and when I awoke I knew the pictures and papers and design I wanted.  Here is in all it's glory!

This is the Maragrita Line from American Crafts. I love the bright colours and the stripes and  little buildings. I began with a splattered watercolour palette in the shades of the paper. I went heavier on the pink to better set of the photo. I layered a few strips of paper and added two circles of paper and edged in pink ric rac. I then fussy cut the buildings and built a layered look on that lower left side.  I mounted the photo and cut the palm tree (Silhouette image). The title took the longest and I was determined to find the right balance in the fonts. Did you notice how I used the two "8's" to make a Mickey head? The orange brackets helped tie it all together! I stitched on those journalling strips and added a (not-so) hidden Mickey.


I hope you like it as it came together just as I imagined. Thanks for stopping in and joining me for this dreamy layout! I am doing what I love and dreaming about it too! Are you?

Christa

5 comments:

  1. Fun layout Christa! Love your tree and city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Christa!! I love how you did the 'O'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello :-) I absolutely love that this came to you in a dream - 1, because I do the same thing (actually it's in those half-asleep half-awake moments before falling asleep or just as you wake up) and 2, because dreams are incredible and fascinate me endlessly. fabulously colourful layout. you certainly don't dream in black & white ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun - great party colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of letters and fun design. I dreamed last night of things I needed to pack for the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete