Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Simple Stories Year-o-graphy and Two Scrapbook Friends

Hello! I am excited to share with you my first design team assignment in 2012 for Two Scrapbook Friends. When I was asked to work with Simple Stories Year-o-graphy, I jumped at the chance! I love Simple Stories lines and they make designing "wow" layouts really easy.
I first created this layout about my daughter. The papers made me think of that old song "Calendar Girl"..you know the one: "I love, I love, I love, my little calendar girl, every day of the year!"
The background paper does alot of the work here. I layered the months of the year border strip and the hearts and circles. I also mounted the banner on card stock (thanks Ann!)to give it more stability.

I used the lyrics from the song as my journalling.

My next design was one of my son and I at a local hiking spot. I just love spending time with him doing something we both like. The day was perfect.
I had intended to use that square brown piece un-wrinkled but it fell under the wheels of my office chair! Imagine my distress! However I decided (in frustration?) to crumple it up and when I smoother it out I found it added lots of great texture to the design.
My final design is one of my sweet, tolerant husband Richard.
I used my circle cutter and cut out the circles which I embellished individually. Watercolour paints in matching colours added texture and dimension in the lower right. This layout makes me smile.

Thank you for sharing this with me. I loved this line and hope you do too.
Until next time, keep doing what you love to do.
Christa


14 comments:

  1. Love it all! Such a great job with this line Christa, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing layouts Christa!! I love this collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these layouts. I would love to CASE you for pictures of my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free! If you wouldn't mind "Linking With Love" though that'd be great! I am honoured to inpsire

      Delete
  4. Beautiful layouts!!! I just really love that first one, the pics of your daughter are great and love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all fantastic!! I might be a bit more in love with the last one, because you made is so effortlessly stylish and masculine! WTG!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work Christa! This line looks like it was made to go with your photos!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!!! I actually purchased some papers after I saw your work and I couldn't resist the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what an amazing layouts...your detailing is so amazing...I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I buy these papers? The layout of the first?
    Sell ​​online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by! This is an Older Simple Stories line from last year. I a sure there are a few hoarders out there...maybe Etsy or ebay?Thanks again!

      Delete