Monday, October 10, 2011

More "Soup" for You!

My dear friends at Two Scrapbook Friends asked me to design some projects with the Christmas Chowder line from Jillybean Soup. I am not sure what it is about "the SOUP" but I like to get out my kraft cardstock and paint when creating. Jillybean does great repetitive patterns and the colour scheme is often very versatile.
To get my mojo flowing, I began with an SRM tube and created a place card for "Aunt Sue" filled with Skittles. I used the cardstock stickers and a scalloped punch to add to the cute little tube.
I then created a few layouts; two Christmas-y ones and another Summer-y layout. The first Christmas layout called Cool You-le, shows a splatter paint technique in red with some random button placement. The buttons are actually sewn on the background rather than glued on. I used the Jillybean corrugated letters and tons of machine and hand stitching for texture. Rounded corners and sideways journalling finish it up.



My next Christmas layout is a Disney Layout. I love the trees at WDW and used these happy papers to show off my favourite tree at Hollywood Studios. I used rounded corners again and popped up some of the trees for dimension. More stitching and buttons too. I loved the many font title and the hidden Mickey. Can you find it?
My last layout was a non-Christmas layout. Jillybean's colour choices really allow for your to create non traditional layouts with a Christmas line. Here is my daughter in her swim suit acting silly. The browns, pinks and blues are perfect for this design.
I used a chipboard title and inked it. The flowers and butterflies and stitching give it lots of texture and dimension.
I also made two cards and a banner! The cards are very simple and incorporate the Jillybean stickers.


The Banner is created by fussy cutting the trees and penguins. I used glitter and liquid applique for the snow and added googley eyes and buttons. I have never created anything like it before and I hope you like it!


Wow! I loved working with this line and am so grateful to Two Scrapbook Friends for giving me the chance to create for them! Be sure to check out their blog and see what everyone else is creating. It's amazing!

Thanks gals, for letting me Do What I Love to Do!
Christa

5 comments:

  1. ONW! LOVE all the projects and especially the banner! All that fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely rock "the Soup" Christa!! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a guest DT on Citrus Tree Studio and loved working with the kit. It looks like you rocked everything you did. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so great Christa! Love the banner and the details everywhere!

    ReplyDelete