Friday, January 11, 2013

IIG and True XOXO Blog Hop: January is COZY


Welcome to the If It's Groovy Birthday Blog Hop! As we celebrate the 4th birthday of IIG we welcome you to sit back, take some time and visit the blog hostesses as each has prepared calendar pages that we hope will inspire you to create your own. The True XOXO Chicks have been invited to play along. (check the end of the post for further details and info on a prize or two!)

When we were asked to play along with IIG we were asked to choose a month of the year and create about what it means to us.  I chose January..and not for the reasons you might think: this month there will be a lot of blogging and creating about resolutions and choosing a special "WORD". But, January around our place usually involves mountains of snow, frosty mornings and bitterly cold nights. I spend most of my time bundling up and un-bundling. So, it seemed only fitting that my creation is called :"COZY"

I wanted to share with you this beautiful photo of Adriane on Christmas Day bundled up in her new sweater and fluffy new blanket. The colours were soft and the light 'just perfectly cozy'.

-
I began with a background from FABSCRAPS and added white acrylic paint and glass bead medium over top of the doily..

I also added scraps from my stash in this same palette and added some Studio Calico butterflies and Bo Bunny gems.
More doilies, ribbons, and lots of little bits from my stash. I really love the mono chromatic palette and how it makes the colours in the layout pop.

I hope you will stop by the other ladies in the hop and see what they have created to celebrate the year and IIG's birthday!

Here's the list of blogs and there are gorgeous projects to inspire you. There are also lots of prizes being offered along the way. In fact, if you leave me a comment here and become a new follower (or are one already) I will be giving away a little something to say "Thanks for stopping by". I will award the prize here on my blog on the 14th..so come back and see if it's you!

Representing January we have
Wendy
Christa
Representing February we have
Michelle
Michelle H
Representing March we have
Wendy
Miae
Representing April we have
Heather
Jaclyn
Representing May we have
Lindsey
Deborah
Representing June we have
Brenda
Khristen
Representing July we have
Jean
Tess
Representing August we have
Rochelle
Faye
Representing September we have
Kelly
Tiffany
Representing October we have
Kelly
Alaina
Representing November we have
Heather
Kimmy
Representing December we have
Deborah 
Queen Kat


Thanks for coming by and being inspired by us! Until next time, keep doing what you love.

23 comments:

  1. wow- this is a gorgeous page!! Love the acrylic paint over the doily, definitely going to try that idea!! Fun to be hopping along with you!! =)Tiffany
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the background paper and all the monochromatic elements! So fun to hop along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christa, lovely photo of your dd. Great background paper too....have some sitting in my stash waiting for inspiration to strike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...This is so pretty. I love the torn effect. Wonderful job on this. I love it. (already a follower).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christa, what a beautiful photo of your gorgeous daughter...this layout is just stunning! And where can I get the glass bead medium..that's awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS...that is all...just GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. In LOVE with this page. The picture fits the background perfectly!

    xoxo
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous page! I really do love that shabby chic, distressed BG, fit's so well with "cozy"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is STUNNING!!! The details are so perfectly balanced and the photo is wonderful!!! I can't believe I cracked jokes about feeling "cozy" in my post!!! Please take it with a large grain of salt! I'm just a caribbean girl who really prefers long summer nights- this page positively makes me want to pull out the large sweater and watch a movie while it snows outside. :) I haven't heard of fabscraps- will be looking into that because it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful wintery projects! Just Icy-delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning Christa! Love all your special effects!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is one of my all time favs from you! I just gazed at it for like 5 minutes. I wish Blogger was 4D so I could see it and get my hands on it. :) That background is amazing!
    nicely done -
    xoxo
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this page really makes you think of keeping cozy in icy weather. Love how everything came together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin' all your layers! I am a new follower of yours! So, great to have you a part of this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you joined us on the hop!!!! Love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeousness! Amazing layout, embellishments, paper choice and photo! I have become a follower though I have been "following" from my sidebar for quite awhile, sometimes I forget to click to make it official. ;)
    Sure hope you are managing to stay cozy this January! One of my fave things to do this time of year with my boys is cuddle up under a quilt by the fire and read together at bedtime.
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! Love all of he softness and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower too! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Christa! I love every detail of this layout and the story too. Thank you for posting all the details. I'm off to become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning!! I am a new follower! Thanks for helping make the blog hop a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christa this is gorgeous! I love the monochromatic look with this picture! Thanks for participating in the hop! Deb♥

    ReplyDelete