Thursday, November 1, 2012

He's My Lucky 13

At our house there are lots of special dates that fall on the 13th day of the month, so any superstitions that may exist certainly don't apply to the Uttley's! In fact, this year was a very special 13th day. Max turned 13 in September and he is even more awesome than last year. It seems to be a trend for him!

I had these great photos of him from our most recent trip to Disney where we celebrated his big day. He was so goofy and silly and actually let me take his photo. I was so thrilled they turned out perfectly.

I found the great line from Authentique called "Original" and even it's title seemed a perfect match. I pulled out the November challenge (in the form of a sketch) from True XOXO blog and VOILA! a page was born.


I began with sanding and misting the back ground. I also like the look for the distressed edges and inked them with a brown ink. The Title is cut from the Silhouette and the Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock really adds depth. I even stitched a messy stitch all the way around.

The journalling is simple but speaks to his personality and how I love being with him and how he always makes me happy in my heart.

I hope you will pop over to the XOXO blog and check out what the other Lipstick Chicks are doing and play along with our challenge this month. You could be the next Guest Designer!

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do.

4 comments:

  1. I adore those photos.
    Just makes this layout cool and special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat LO Christa. Sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Max!!!

    LOVE this--LOVE the kraft with those fun alphas and bingo numbers! My fav # is 13--my mom is a family of 13 kids:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feel of this layout. The distressed, slightly grungy feel is perfect for your 13-year-old boy! Love it!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete