Friday, November 30, 2012

The Christmas Crop at Two Scrapbook Friends: Making a List and Checking it Twice

Looking for a chance to get some last minute creating in before the holiday rush begins? Two Scrapbook Friends is inviting you to join them for an online crop in their forum.

There are lots of great prizes and fun challenges. Here is a great layout I created using the November sketch from Canadian Scrapbooker.  Every year Santa makes his list and checks it twice so I am challenging our friends who play along to use a LIST on their creation.

This design showcases my daughter while we are on vacation in Florida. Her sunburned cheeks didn't melt away her great sense of humour.




I also took a few 12x12 shots so I could share a bit more of the details:
After splattering some watercolour paints on to the back ground, I used my Creative Memories Punch to cut the great hexagons. I also stitched a few in floss too. The swirls are from an older Bo Bunny sticker sheet.
On the right hand side I added more paint in swathes of colour (most of it disappeared under the photos) and some more splatters. The hexagons add a little bit of weight under my focal photo and journalling.
I added some doodling around the main title, and on a few of the hexagons to tie it all together.
It wasn't hard to find ten things I love about her! I printed the text on the printer, inked the edges and added some tiny Momenta numbers.

I hope you will stop by and say hello and play along.


3 comments:

  1. love this, love that there are so many photos and they are a true focus. love the sprinkling of pattern and mist/ paint. love the giant title. and man were you ever blessed with gorgeous kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this double LO! I love the progression of photos and the colors! FUN!

    ReplyDelete