Friday, November 9, 2012

Fall For You and a great new sketch blog

Good afternoon! Today, I want to share with you a design I created using a sketch created by Kristine Davison from My Scraps and More. Every month there will be at least 4 new sketches! You can link up your creation's post/photo to the blog and share in the fun! You can check out the first sketch here.

And here's my creation.
I used two older photos of my daughter and trimmed them down to 3.5 x 3.5. After splattering some watercolours, I matted them together on one sheet of white and layered them over a pieces of patterned paper that was stitched in contrasting thread. I added a tabbed piece to allow my title to 'pop' off the page, the banner and the 'ribbon' shape add flow across the design.

I really enjoyed playing along this week and already have plans for sketch #2!

I hope you'll stop over and be inspired! Until next time, keep doing what you love.

6 comments:

  1. Super LO, great little banner and thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great page Christa! Love the banner. Off to check the link out.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Beautiful layout and love the wee little banner... Like this sketch and will check out this website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO. Love the splatter. I keep forgetting to do it.... doh! Off to see the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Love the border especially!

    ReplyDelete