Thursday, April 26, 2012

You Had Me At Hello

 I created this design about my darling, handsome puppy, Bo. I have had this photo for quite sometime and when I saw this little rub-on with that old Jerry McGuire quote: "You had me at Hello", I knew just what I was going to do!

I had purchased some smaller templates at Scrapfest from Balzer designs. This sunburst pattern was great to use with a few layers of water colour paint. I then used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy to fill in the rest of the project. Some layers of scraps (Stampin Up!, Jillybean Soup and My Mind's Eye) together with some bottle caps, stitching, and a few bits and pieces of black/kraft card stock. I added some ink to a chipboard heart and then added some glass bead medium for texture.

This title uses some Thickers but also my Dymo labeller and a font (LD Susie) from my Silhouette.

I think this design suits my darling Bo-Bo perfectly and I am happy with the results! Until next time, keep doing what you love!
Christa

19 comments:

  1. so glad you fixed the link, and that you played along, love this vibrant layout of Bo, especially the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness this is amazing I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour palette and the photo of the cute puppy isn't so bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous job with the sketch.. fun techniques and accents and too cute BO.. thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. great effect from the sunburst. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love those sunbursts and I adore Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christa!! What a fabulous layout! I love the sunburst and your use of watercolour. What vibrant colours and beautiful choice of paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just popped out at me from my blog reading list it is gorgeous and I love the colours and the paint effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout, love the way you've used the paint effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous, fun page! love what you did with the sunburst stencil! and that photo is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sunburst effect! I just bought the same water colour set I saw you had--can't wait to break them open and play!
    Love the bottle caps on your layout too! I may have to tell my DH to drink more beer so I can repurpose some--I'm sure he won't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute puppy and LOVE the bright color combo! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sunbursts on the background! Such a fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you sunburst, title and cute pic of Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute!love the paint and tabs!thanks for playing along with at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this layout. So awewome. The little puppy looks so cute! :)
    Lovely colors - it's great and bright and those bottle caps looks cool. Thank you very much for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Love this LO!! And Bo is super cute too! Great Job the colors Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how I love this layout - love the colors, the tie-dyed effect, the picture, the title work, the bottle caps - all of it!

    ReplyDelete