Monday, January 16, 2012

Hot Hot Chocolate!

Well, it may appear that I have not been very crafty lately, but that couldn`t be farther from the truth! I have been creating, but most of it is for future release dates and I can`t wait to blog about it all! Until then, I am happy to share a design I created about my son, Max.

Max has made a winter habit out of asking me for hot chocolate when he comes home from school. I love to make it for him with real cream, whipped cream and lots of gooey marshmallows.
I received the Winter Park line by Echo Park as part of my design opportunities at Two Scrapbook Friends. I used my Silhouette to cut the mug and whipped cream on top. I added liquid applique to give the whipped cream texture.  The acrylic swirl is from Harmonie and I added white ink to make it steamy looking.

I hope it inspires you to design some warm and toasty pages of your own.
Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

10 comments:

  1. I love this Christa!! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cozy layout! i just love hot cocoa w marshmallows, definitely a winter favorite in our house :)

    sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is spectacular. I love the mug and corrugated heart. I have photos of sipping on hot chocolate in Tim Horton's. I must dig them out and turn them into a layout. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page especially the mug and whipped cream and the steam is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I am waiting patiently (almost) for all your new creations. Let me know when although I will keep checking your blog...I'm almost a stalker now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Christa and love the colour scheme on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hot chocolate mug is the cutest ever!! I like how you typed your journaling on strips, too. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great layout! Love the title and that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH! I just love that hot chocolate mug!! SO CUTE:) LOVE your journaling and this entire layout! FAB JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this layout! The die-cut mug is the perfect embellishment and I love the acrylic swirl being used as steam! Brilliant!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete