Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 Scrapbooking Top Ten

 2011 was a year of unprecedented growth for me in my scrapbooking art. I have learned much and I hope my designs reflect those new skills and my journey.  My BFF Ann has inspired me with her annual tradition of choosing a TOP TEN of my favourite designs of 2011.

Number 10NATURAL BEAUTY¸
This is my very first Design Team project and I made it for Two Scrapbook Friends in January 2011. It was also my first published design for a print magazine, Canadian Scrapbooker. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Number 9:  MY DUDE
This design of my son Max was in response to challenge issued by my friend Bev Code at My Sketch World. I created the layout and it sat for several months. In September, I got it back out and added and altered it until it suited the lovely pictures I`d used. It`s still true to her challenge too!


Number 8: YOU AND ME
 A design I made of my daughter and her BFF. This picture makes me smile and while I made it in July during my Layout A Day (LOAD) process, is till one of my favs from this year.


Number 7:  FALLING FOR YOU
This photo was taken by my darling Adriane when she was 4 years old while we were on a hike. I like the distressed feel of the design and the altered chipboard. It just makes me feel happy.


Number 6: HOLE LOTTA SWEET
This design is based on a sketch from Lucy Chesna at My Sketch World. I am not a huge fan of double layouts in my own work..but this design is a favourite. It colourful and the photos of my daughter eating a donut are some favs. The title work and water colours are cool too!


Number 5: YOU ARE MY HAPPY DAY
I created this design for a Friendzy Friday at Two Scrapbook Friends. The ribbon circle is of my own design and I think as a frame it really draws attention to the great photo of Adriane.

Number 4: EPCOT
I created this using Simple Stories Destinations line and an assignment from Two Scrapbook Friends. The smaller photos allow me to capture some of my favourite places in the World Showcase. I like the distressed feel and bits of metal.

Number 3: Beautiful Beach Hair
As my third choice for 2011, I chose this great picture of my daughter Adriane as we returned from our summer vacation. She thought she was being silly but I captured this moment of beauty with Instagram and my iPhone. The design uses We R Memory Makers and some miscellaneous flowers and buttons from my stash. This design never fails to bring back that wonderful moment of summer joy.



Number 2: Friends are Cool
As my second favourite, I chose this design based on a sketch created by my super talented friend Laura Whitaker. The smaller photos and bright colours in the Bella Blvd. paper steal my heart. My daughter is so lucky to have a great group of friends!


Number One: Finding You

My number one design of 2011, is created using Authentique`s Blissful line for a Practical Scrapper`s challenge. The yellow, grey and black reflect my daughter`s maturity. The picture is of her on her first day of grade three and she was so grown-up. She has settled into her style with a confidence that I had to envy. I wanted to capture it in a design that mirrored this stage of her life.



I hope you have enjoyed this look through 2011 with me. 
 I hope you will do the same! It`s fun to see the growth and change over the past year. I am looking froward to a new year of creating and doing what I love!
Christa
PS: If you haven`t seen the Sunday Picnic line from Webster`s pages, you really should! It`s divine and they are giving it away if you win! Check it out here.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts, Christa! I think you are so talented - you can switch between a very clean design and that of a more shabby/romantic sort without any hesitation. <3

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful...your number 1 is mine too!
    as well as beach hair,natural beauty and happy day. I really love all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my Dude too!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why these are your top 10! They are wonderful!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post!!! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. in love with all of your favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--all fabulous layouts Christa! Perhaps because I have 2 boys, but your "MY DUDE" layout is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your designs are truly amazing Christa! I can't even choose a favorite because they are all just stunning! Thanks for sharing :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic countdown! I love them all, but 'Epcot' is my hands-down favourite...Wishing you a wonderfully, creative 2012!
    Jasmine
    A {Little} Dab of Glue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! When you put them all together like that, it is quite a portfolio. I feel so lucky to have you as part of the TSF team.

    You should be very proud of your growth throughout the 2011 year. Imagine what is in store for your in 2012!

    ReplyDelete