Monday, May 6, 2013

Progressive Blog Hop Reveal: How You Doin'?

Did you get a chance to hop around and see what the designers as Two Scrapbook Friends created for our Progressive Blog Hop this weekend?

Here's that sketch from Joanne Burton again:

I had left you with my half finished design and had yet to add my final elements:  Distressing, a quote and three buttons.

Here's what the finished result looks like:
I used my sanding block to sand away at the stitching a bit and inked the edges for the DISTRESSING requirement. See those little buttons? I tried to use the colours from the patterned paper to tie it all together.


 I added the little story about Max being a clown and quoting Joey Tribiani from Friends with his: "How YOU Doin'?" quote.


I really enjoyed this challenge ti really made me think about HOW I put a page together and how it all interconnects! It was very hard to do bits and pieces and lay it out for the 'halfway' photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you will head over to the Two Scrapbook Friends Blog to see what we all made!  Remember there's still time to play along and be eligible to win that great prize! Until next time, keep doing what you love!

9 comments:

  1. I love how you use the colours of the picture in your layout. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another winner! Love the final touches you put it. Glad I did not have to stop to take a photo of mine through the process.
    It was probably easier for us to plan ours as we had all the requirements at once.
    check out mine on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design Christa! This was a fun hop!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rough and tough boy page, great final reveal

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect page for a male teen! Love your title and your distressed stitching, great interpretation of the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT boy page and it's so neat that you captured this moment with Max. Love the semi-circles under the photo - draws my eye right in! You rawked it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the title..... so cute. Just about to get started on mine tonight so checking all the inspiration I can get (and I always gets lot on your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handsome! Fabulous combination of colours! I like seeing the white paint splattered on dark coloured paper - it adds very nicely to your layout :):)

    ReplyDelete