Today, I want to share with you a slider card tutorial that I adapted from the talented scrapbooker and cardmaker, Kimber McGray. Slider cards have been around for ages but I saw these super cute cupcake layered stickers and thought they would make a great interactive card for a friend of my daughter.
Let's begin! Here's what you need:
2. Matching Border Stickers. I used a puffy scalloped border sticker from the "Let's Party" package. (ST-5160)
3. Matching Sentiment Sticker. I used the words Happy Birthday from the "Celebrate" package. (ST-1765)
4. Matching single sticker for the slider embellishment. I chose a cupcake. This sparkly gem came from the "Let's Party" ST-4879 package.
6. Several foam squares or dots.
7. White card stock.
9. Tape runner.
10. Optional: Ribbon or floss trim.(decided against using min even though it shows in the photo).
Step 2 : Cut two pieces of pattern papers into 3.25 by 4 inch pieces.
Step 3: Adhere one to the card base in the lower right. Adhere the other matching piece to the single piece of white (4.25x5.5).
Step 4: Cut the slider using your paper trimmer. The slot should be 0.5 inches from the right side of the slider and from the bottom. It will be 1 inch from the top of this patterned piece. Add the remaining pieces paper of your card to cover the remaining white base.
Another look at the final card!
Until next time, keep doing what you love.
2 days ago