Monday, May 28, 2012

H2O Baby!

Good Morning  friends! I wanted to share with a you a bright summer layout I made of my daughter in the pool.  The summery theme of this layout meant I wanted a colour palette that screamed summer!

I finally chose the Cuddle and Coo  Pyramid pack (PA-2385) and chose a yellow polka dot background. It wasn't a tough decision since both sides of this paper pack are so versatile. It's texture is so very cool too..linen!  The bright yellow contrasted nicely with the pool water blue. I think it's really important when using a string pattern as a background to give the viewer's eye "a break" so I added some finger painted smears of white acrylic plus some splatters.  (Thanks to my pal, Audrey Yeager for the idea to use my fingers!) I chose the position of the smears and the splatter after I laid out the other pieces of my design without adhereing them. I then removed the elements and painted. I used my heat tool to dry them and replaced the pieces back on the design!


After choosing a piece of red from the 5x7 Cardstock Pad (PA-2337), I layered several scraps from the Cuddle and Coo pack with a sticker border (ST-4074) for dimension. Also, I used few scalloped flower shapes to create white spots to highlight my title and the little photo in the lower right. The white shapes are more of that visual 'break' I spoke of earlier.


I added a few buttons in contrasting colours and stitched them directly to the layout with matching twine in the white and red. I chose the red becuase my focal photo is mounted on the red and it provides cohesion to the design. The red machine stitching and the white trim are a few other little additions.
This design came together easily with the help of these delightful Momenta products. I hope you are inspired to create some summer memories of your own! Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

Additional Products Include:
Echo Park Diagonal Paper Strip
Letters from MAMBI and American Crafts
Buttons from Close to My Heart
White Scalloped Flowers from Jillybean Soup
Twine is Doodlebug
Trim, Paint and Thread are Unknown.

6 comments:

  1. Lovin' this colourful page Christa...great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect summer colors for the perfect summer photos...great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful summer layout!!! The colors are perfect and I love all your little touches with the paint and the buttons. And love the flag border, too!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the colours on this one....jump right off the page! Great photo's and funky little details too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Christa! The bright colors are perfect for the theme!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete