Friday, March 30, 2012

Our Family

I want to share with you a layout I made using the Authentique Loyal Line. It seemed fitting that I should choose this Loyal line to document a photo of my family taken by the comparable Angela Smith of Waterloo. I is a favourite of mine and in fact hangs in 18x24 glory on the wall of my kitchen.

I was inspired to use the sketch posted at Authentique as well. Their sketches give a great starting place that really gets my creativity flowing. Altogether, I felt I had a creative place to start!

I fussy cut the large flower out of patterned paper and then two more smaller ones and layered them for depth. The flourish is from a Tim Holtz die. I felt, that like our family the design should have lots of textures; feeling to the eye. I added the corrugated letters from Pebbles and the stitching for two extra textures. I also used the tiny navy words. Can I tell you that I love these words? I look for any opportunity to use them!

I hope you are inspired by this design and I encourage you to head over to Authentique for more inspiring designs, sketches and even a few laughs. The Loyal line is Authentique's usual high quality and great design! Drop me a line and let me see what you've made with Loyal.
Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!

13 comments:

  1. Love how this line totally matches all the colours your family is wearing. I'm just finishing my last project with this line for my guest DT spot at the store. It's. A fab collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous family and gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absoluteely gorgeous Christa!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Christa, this is just fabulous! What a sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family picture Christa and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout! You have a beautiful family! Love the fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous page...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning!!! The layout is wonderful, just enough embellishments but not too many to let the photo shine. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Christa! You are on a roll with white backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty LO and love the tiny heart for the "i" in the word, FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful layout Christa and I love your family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Christa! Your layout is perfectly balanced with just the right amount of details :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I think this needs to be displayed in our store....hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete