Monday, April 2, 2012

Lipstick Chicks are doing some heavy LIFTING!

Good morning fellow scrappers! This month at the True XOXO challenge blog we are doing some heavy lifting! Scraplifting, that is! We were challenge to choose a design from the blogs of our fellow designers and lift it for your inspiration this month! What a MAMMOTH task. I kid you not! Sooooo much scrappy goodness, I got lost in blog-ville!

Finally I chose a design from Emma Fronda called "STREET ART". This design had so many elements I wanted to use in my own design.

I chose to mimic the large circle element and the scalloped tag. Where Emma's design is more expansive than mine, I did want to reflect the cluster portions and the 'splatter' effect. Even though my splatter is done bythe pattterned paper design!. I also distressed (you can't see it very well due to photo editing) the outside edges of the design to mimic the scalloped edge on Emma's. There are lots of other little things. Can you see them?

I also wanted to share with you the amazing contest going on at XOXO blog. Since we have moved, we need a new blog header! Lindsey (our guru) has decided to let YOU design one for us! Be sure to go to the new blog here, to find out all the deets.

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa


Supplies:
Momenta Vacation Pyramid Pack (PA-2389)
Momenta Primary Star Stickers (ST-3270)
Momenta Celebrate Puffy Message (ST-1765)
Momenta Fun Letter Sticker in Brown (ST-5831)
Studio Calico Wooden Star
Twinery Twine
Harmonie Chipboard Circle
American Crafts Tag
Basic Grey Photo Tab
Fancy Pants Orange Chipboard Letters
Martha Stewart Punch

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lift! You did a great job! Felt honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Christa! Everything (the photo, papers, title) works so well together!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Christa. Another great photo too.

    ReplyDelete