Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Guest Designer at We Scrap and a Little Vacation Memory

I mentioned earlier that I was lucky enough to be a Guest designer at We Scrap. We Scrap has great monthly kits filled with lots of surprises and great papers. I used my kit to create some really great designs.

Here's one I made of Adriane and Max. I love these great Thickers and the little tiny clothespins!


This little design of my daughter and her two ballerina buddies many years ago, deserved some accordion flowers, some bling and a flourish or two.

I also used the kit to make this design about my husband and his family. They have such love for each other and it really shows. They are so happy in their lives. I chose a really large title and the four smaller pictures. The stitching is red and the extra paint splatters add visual interest, don't you think?
Finally I used the tissue tape in the kit to make a few cards. The word stickers from Authentique made it so easy to find sentiments that suit.

This last card I used up some of the little pieces and I loved how the diagonal lines, chevrons and text go together.
I hope you'll check out Sabrina's and Corrine's designs too. It's amazing how much you can create with this kit!
Finally, we just returned from a 8 day vacation to Florida and had the best time! We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Villas right in Disney world. We usually stay on Disney property for many reasons: Magic Express, Extra Magic hours, standard of service and resort themeing are just a few. We usually enjoy their Moderate Resorts and the Free Meal Plan deal when it is offered, but this time we decided to give the Disney Vacation Club resorts a try. My dear friend Lisa, referred us the the The Timeshare Store where we got a great deal on the DVC Resort. I must say, I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't tried it for myself! Jerry was the nicest agent and very helpful. He arranged out 4 night stay there for less than we could have stayed at a VALUE resort on property and the extra room, service and Disney experience was divine. I hope you will check them out, they usually have deals on Resorts and are happy to provide you with a quote at no obligation. Just choose the resort you want to go to (one or two options) and they will let you know the price. I added a meal plan and tickets too, with little fuss.

Here are some pictures of our trip! This first one is Adriane and her friend Lauren. They had a blast playing Kim Possible, which is a MUST DO if you have kids AT ALL!
Here they are enjoying lunch at the Biergarten Restaurant which is like a big outdoor (but actually INDOOR) beer garden at Oktoberfest. There is a band and little show too!!

It's nice to see Max and Adriane still get excited when Mickey Mouse stops by our table!

Strangely, on this holiday my hubby was behind the camera and I was in more photos than I would normally like. But this one shows me at Hollywood Studios with the Tower of Terror in behind..not that I rode that sucker!

Finally, photo of the magnificent lobby at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House. We stayed at the smaller Kidani Village but the theme-ing is very similar.

I can hardly wait to return to Disney in September..trying to figure out how to get two weeks in...or ten days? Now that I found out about Direct Air out of Niagara Falls, I think I might be able to go more often...don't tell my hubby!

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do! Thanks so much for stopping by.
Christa

5 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts Christa! It looks like you have a great time on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are beautiful!! I really love how you used the clothespins on the first layout. And great photos of vacation, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOOOOVE those pages! What a great kit--I agree about those clothes pins--SOOOOO cute! LOVE the pics of your vaca! I live super close to Disney....but never go! I'm thinking maybe this weekend would be a great time to head over there! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous LO's love going on your vacations with you...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful projects, but i must say i love the ballerina photo of your dolly, omg what a cutie! your photos make me miss Disney!

    ReplyDelete