Monday, December 2, 2013

December Craft Challenge


 Good morning!  I'm excited that December is here and Christmas is just around the corner. It's with that in mind that I want to challenge you to play along at TWO SCRAPBOOK FRIENDS and scrapbook a holiday tradition. At our house there are so many traditions that I want to be sure to immortalize on the page and this was just one that inspired me to create.

 I used We R Memory Keepers North Pole and layered lots of patterns, stitching and some paint. It captured perfectly Adriane and her Grandma making cookies and being together. Adriane is her only granddaughter so I think it's a special time for them both.
I also used my Cameo to create this cute gingerbread and added some odd googlie eyes for character. My hand written journalling covers the basics but I chose a chocolate brown pen for continuity of the colour scheme. Some colourful brads and a popped up snowflake from this connection finish the cluster.
 
Finally I added strip or two at the top,  and stitched them down after ruffling the edge. My small cluster creates flow and gave me a spot to add a little Christmas cheer stamp.

I do hope you'll get a chance to play along with this months challenge......it's always fascinating to see an array of different projects, inspired by your Christmas or Holiday traditions! You could win $25 to use at the store or online!


Just remember a couple of rules:

1. Create as many NEW projects as you like for each challenge! Each creation will gain you an entry in the draw to win. (Please enter a double page layout as only one entry.)
2. Projects can either be uploaded to the forum and gallery or linked up using the tool at TWO SCRAPBOOK FRIENDS blog, to win.
3. Projects must be entered no later than December 31st at 11:59pm.


Be sure to pop by again on Friday and heck out our Songs of Christmas Blog Hop at 11 am.
Until next time keep doing what you love.

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout! Love your happy gingerbread man! I agree, so good to write down those traditions! Traditions are what make the holidays so special!
    Hugs,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your page Christa!! Absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully apt challenge and a great page to boot (love the torn layers at the top!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this design Christa! The gingerbread man is amazing!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete