Monday, December 16, 2013

Stuck Sketches and Christmas: Disney Style

 The December 15th sketch at Stuck is up and I love the inspiration the designers have shared with you. The sketch is amazingly versatile:


 We were challenged to add a TREE to our design and I decided to think outside the box: I chose a favourite photo I'd been saving from my 2010 visit to Hollywood Studios at Disney World. I had not been back to Orlando during the Christmas season since I was 15 (so so long ago!) The addition of the Osbourne Family Christmas tree lights transformed an old favourite (Streets of America) to a magical wonderland. Did you know they blow "fake" snow in the air? So magical.
In addition to this fabulous sketch, I pulled out my DOODLEBUG  This & That. I am totally IN LOVE with this line. It is bright and colourful and SO versatile!

I began by painting watercolours on a large acrylic stamp and stamping along the top and in the lower left.
I also splattered paint in those matching shades. The title, cut with my Cameo, include the Aharoni and SNF Lolihop fonts.
I also layered the great stickers on the lower left with my journalling stamp. I also added some pops of washi tape.

Our wonderful sponsor for this month is:
 
 Creative Embellishments is a new family owned company that was created by Michael and Nicolle Kramer. We are a husband and wife team who design and manufacture unique, high quality chipboard and wood products. It is their mission to offer fun and inspiring products to bring out your inner creativity that you can add to any project. In the near future they will be expanding into other mediums such as rubber/acrylic stamps and acrylic embellishments. Please stop over to the Creative Embellishments store and have a look around.  

Also thanks to :
 We are grateful for their sponsorship too.

I love this sketch and I hope you will play along this month. Please link up your layouts over at the Stuck?! blog  the sidebar by December 29th, 2013 to be in the running for one of our prizes!   All prizes will be drawn randomly using Random.org to pick a number.

When linking your layouts, please make sure it is linked to the specific post your layout is in, not your blog as a whole as it can be hard later in the month to find your layout, especially if you blog often. You can also link from any gallery including Facebook and Flickr.

Feel free to combine this sketch challenge with no more than one other non-sketch challenge, such as a colour challenge.

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!

2 comments:

  1. Love the watercolour stamping!! This is just fantastic Christa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, love what you did with that stamp, glad you shared that pic too!

    ReplyDelete