Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Favourite Spot

Most of you who know me know I love Disney. (Perhaps with the passion of 10,000 fiery suns!) Oddly, I never scrapbook my vacations there and most specifically myself while on those vacations.
When I received Say Cheese by SIMPLE STORIES as my Design Team assignment from Two Scrapbook Friends, I dug out my favourite Disney pics and began scrapping.

This design features a picture of ME standing on the corner of a well known street in Hollywood Studios Disney World  in Florida. In the back ground you can see the palm trees and The Tower of Terror (which I do not ride!) What I love about this spot is the vintage Hollywood feel and all shops and that it leads to my favourite ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith, Every time I stand here it gives me a little happy feeling and I certainly wanted to capture that feeling.

This line does a lot of the work and the colour palette is perfect for Disney (As well as other photos) and I chose a star piece of patterned paper to reflect the Hollywood feel. I also used a circle template and traced a circle on the white background and sewed over it in black. I added the little stickers around the circle to create flow and draw your eye to my photo.
The little bits of black washi anchor the focal point too.  Finally the little  sign/title came right from the HUGE selection of patterns available in this line.
 

I hope you are inspired to dig out your Walt Disney photos and get scrapping! Until Next time keep doing what you love to do!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect line for a Disney page - good to see you scrapping a memory from one of your million trips to the house of mouse, too! I like what you do with circles in your designs - they seem to work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Disney inspired collection and love your layout.
    I have never been but can possibly live it through your eyes and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout using the "Say Cheese" line...thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete