Thursday, July 19, 2012

Let the 3D Sunshine in with Momenta

Good Morning Momenta Fans, Christa here to share with you a technique to put a bit more sunshine into your summer projects. My scrappy pal Avril Tanner, shared this technique with me last summer and I wanted to let you in on this great little idea! What's even better is that you can turn these shapes into just about anything!

Here's what you will need:



- a diecut or sticker sunshine big enough to support your circle punch
- a circle punch (or if you choose, have your die cut machine create your circles too)
- bone folder
-a great liquid glue
- some sunny matching patterned paper (I chose a really sweet yellow polka dot from the Family Outings pack PA-2250)


Let's begin!

Step 1: Punch or cut six circles of the same size.



Step 2: Using your bone folder, fold and press the circles down the centre.


Step 3: Glue one half of the circle to one half of another circle and repeat this FIVE more times.


Step 4: Glue the 'six circles' to the sun diecut and you are DONE.

Use your new 3D sunshine on those summer projects to add dimension and texture. That's what I hoped to acheive on this layout I made:

I also made a clean and simple card by using this shape to make pumpkins...and Fall is right around the corner!


I hope you will give this technique a try and until next time, keep doing what you love!
Christa


Momenta Supplies:
Family Outings (PA-2250)
Super Pad (PA-2263)
Cardstock Pad (PA-2337)
Premium Paper Pad Fall (PA-2331) 


Additional Supplies:
Cork
Thread
Paper Clips
Water Colour Paint
Buttons



4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Christa. Lovely LO. And I especially like that pumkin card! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this??? Great tutorial and I just LOVE your layout. The colors are so bright and fun and I love the banner you included. Love the paperclips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout and love the sun Christa! great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! LOVE that you made a sun and pumpkin!! SO CLEVER! Great tutorial---fabulous creations shared:)

    ReplyDelete