Friday, November 11, 2011

Friendzy Friday with Two Scrapbook Friends: Crash Your Stash of Ribbon Tutorial

Have you been to the back of the Two Scrapbook Friends Store? A huge rack of ribbon on rolls! Wow! I love seeing what they have out and what's in the cool glass jars all over the store? There are treasures to be found! I buy lots and I buy often. So..that means I have tons of it that never seems to get on pages or little bits left over.
Today, I wanted to share with you a ribbon technique I used to create a sunshine element from a ribbon circle.  It is deceptively complicated looking but in fact took very little time. and it helps use up all those little bits!









Supplies:
1 sheet yellow Bo Bunny Double Dot paper
5-7 pieces of yellow ribbon approximately 6-10 inches. This varies with how big your circle is and is up to you.
Fast drying glue
scissors
yellow rhinestones
Process:
1. I  cut a  circle in a piece of Bo Bunny Double Dot Yellow. It should form a rim and be fairly narrow. Mine is approximately 1/2 and inch.


2. I chose 6 or 7 different yellow ribbons and cut them in odd lengths ranging from 2 inches to 3 inches in length. The number of lengths will depend on how much of the circle you want to cover and how large it is. Test these lengths for yourself. After I adhered them I actually trimmed a few for effect.


3. I then folded the ribbon pieces around the edges of half of the circle. I used my Beacons' 3 in 1 glue to do it quickly and with minimal fuss. I didn't follow a pattern really and alternated between thicker/thinner and patterns.



4. Afterwards I adhered the bling on each strand.


Here it is again!

IMAGE REMOVED FOR PUBLISHING

Another layout I used a larger circle as a fringed frame.

Finally, a wreath element on this Christmas card.


I hope you'll dig into your stash of ribbon (I know you have one!) and give this a try. Til next time, keep doing what you love!
Christa


4 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!! Will be lifting it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and that card is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this tutorial. I am going to bookmark it under my favourites. It is a 'must do' for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete