Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm On A Roll Now!

June is flying by! I am still managing to find my flow with LOAD  and wanted to continue to share with you how I am doing.
Here is a layout I did for a Picasso art project my DD did. It was so well done I didn't want it to get lost or ruined. It also had a neat little story that I wanted to share too.

                   One night she climbed into bed with me. She held my hand and snuggled close.
A few minutes later she asked me: "Mom? Do you know about Picasso's Blue Period?"
I said" Um...no."
She said: "He painted these pictures when his friend died and blue is a sad colour."
I said, wisely: "Oh."
She added: "As opposed to his Rose Period when he was happy and in love."
I said: "Oh." (Again)

I couldn't believe it! She was so knowledgeable. So enthusiastic! I needed to be sure we preserved that memory forever!


Lastly I wanted to share a layout I loved. It felt good making it and as soon as I was done I started a new one, since my mojo was flowing. This layout of my DD when she was just 20 months old and fresh from her sleep. So sweet and warm. A memory I wanted to remember too.
Let me know your thoughts! It really helps with my LOAD process!

Keep doing what you love!
Christa


4 comments:

  1. love them both, great memories to put down on paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post Christa! Thanks for sharing :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous - what a great way to capture her artwork and the conversation that went with it! And the soft colours layered under her pretty chubby cheeks (meant in a good way - toddlers should have chubby cheeks, shouldn't they - the better for squishing!) just capture her sweet soft colouring!

    ReplyDelete