Thursday, August 11, 2011

Anyone for a Margarita?

Anyone for a Margarita?
Margarita Paper by American Crafts, that is! This past weekend I was fortunate to be able to find time to celebrate my BFF's Ann's birthday in scrappy style. We attended the FREE anniversary crop for our friends Elaine, Anita and Laura at ScrapMuch? and had a wonderful time. I even won some lovely American Crafts Campy Trails! (thank you very much!)
But best of all, I got some layouts created.  For this one I chose some old pics of my dolly from about 5 years ago. I always wondered what was going through her mind when I took the one with her big big eyes and goofy smile.


I cut some different sized circles and machine sewed them to the background and added strips along the bottom . Two of those strips came of the BOTTOM of the 12 x12 patterned papers! I love papers that do this; it's an added bonus every time I buy something new! I also cut a few circles and made my own version of a lollipop/pom pom flower. I crumpled the circles and then cut them in towards the centre without cutting all the way through. I added a few buttons  and fussy cut some flowers from the patterned paper. I edged the journalling in orange and titled it in some Thickers!

This layout is a new favourite of mine. Do you have layouts that you are working on lately that YOU love?
Keep doing what you love!
Christa


1 comment:

  1. I loooove the fun pics and the bright colours on this one! You're such a talented gal, Christa!

    ReplyDelete