Friday, September 2, 2011

Two Scrapbook Friends: Friendzy Friday Tie Dye Paper

Recently I was cruising the blogs in my spare time (ha ha!) and I saw a great article by the scrappy rockstar, Becky Fleck.  I loved the look of the tie dye paper but thought I would try my own take on it. Here's a layout I made called EIGHT (BTW I took this picture just yesterday!)

I used:
3 different but complimentary colours of mist. Only the pink has glitter.
A large piece of paper (I didn't use cardstock but instead used paper I had a roll from an seamstress friend)
Some newspaper for misting this large piece of paper
Scissors for cutting if you need them

Here's how I did it:

1. I crumpled the paper up in a tight ball and sprayed the mists on the ball, turning as I needed to to cover the white surface of the paper. Don't be afraid to get close. Splatters are cool!

2.  I then spread it out a bit to be sure it looked like I wanted it too. If you need to add a final spritz now's the time to do it!


4. I then spread it out a bit more to dry. This speeds the drying considerably.

Once the paper is dry feel free to cut it or punch it or fold it into anything you want. I used my paper cutter to cut a mat and them punch colourful tiny butterflies for my layout.  Here's a close-up:

I think the mist captures my DD's funky cool age of Eight and the freezie idea too. I used the colored dots and jewels to bring out the colours in the mist. I also used a monotone white letters so I didn't detract from the colours but it also adds texture and makes the title POP.


I hope you'll try this technique and let me know what you come up with. Be sure to upload your layouts or cards in the TSF gallery too!

Keep doing what YOU love to do!
Christa

3 comments:

  1. What a fun and easy technique! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a great photo and layout! Thanks for sharing :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful :) thx for sharing!! Where did u get the butterfly punch?? Take care! Randi :)

    ReplyDelete