Monday, September 19, 2011

It's On Page 55!!!

Wow! Several months ago Canadian Scrapbooker asked if they could publish one of my layouts in their Fall edition. In spite of the postal strike, my layout was received, photographed and the final copy received in my mailbox around the first of this month. Ann brought her copy down and insisted I autograph it (Such a loyal friend, she is). But in all seriousness, I am proud of my efforts and honoured to be amongst some other great scrappers in that edition.

Here is the layout they chose (and they gave it a full page in their CANVAS feature!)
Thanks to my dear friends at Two Scrapbook Friends for giving me the courage to submit, guru Sue Sykes for telling me to give them all I had, and for my BFF Ann for believing in me ALL THE  TIME.

On another exciting note, the Encore Dance Crop is going on this weekend in Elmira at the Curling Club we have been the recipients of so many wonderful prizes it was difficult to think of creative ways to give them all away! If you are planning to come out, we are looking forward to seeing you...if you haven't got a ticket..I ask you WHY NOT???  Check us out and hope to see you there!

Dow what you love (and as a wise friend said to me this weekend: Love what you do!)
Christa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Christa! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being published Christa! Your design work is amazing! Keep up the good work :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I have to say - I did a little squirm in my seat when I saw you had the whole page! So excited for you!!

    And I don't know about the "guru" part - reminds me of Mike Myers in the Love Guru: "marishka hargitay... Marishka Hargitay"!

    ReplyDelete